Welcome to Paper Crafting 101.
My name is Traci Williams and I am an Independent Consultant with Close to my Heart.
I am going to be providing Holiday Gift Box Ideas every 2 weeks from now until just before Christmas.
Most will have coordinating cards and tags as well as the gift box.
So let me introduce my first box I have made.
Using Close to my Hearts Art Philosophy and Artiste Cricut Collections, I have made a tall double ended box.
Here is my recipe to help you get creative! No stamps required for this project!
Artiste Page 40 for box and lid. Box you will size at 5.0" high and the lid you will size to 5.50" high. If you have the Cricut Explore, be sure to have your score tool placed in housing on your Explore.
I used Kraft Cardstock for the box and B&T Papers from Yuletide Paper Pack in the 2014 Annual Inspirations book.
Do not assemble the box, you can bend the score lines but here is next step...
You will then emboss the Kraft Cardstock with Close to my Heart's Quatrefoil Embossing Folder. You will emboss it twice. First, fit it from smallest fold line first all the way into folder. To finish the other end, place and line up area that needs embossed to pattern on embossing folder.
Now you can assemble the box and lids.
You will select the following for Poinsettia Flower on the box:
1. Stamen on white Poinsettia is cut at .50" using Accent1 on page 77. I used Red Glitz to add color.
Stamen on red Poinsettia is from the Pearl Accents.
2. Smaller of the Poinsettia bloom cut is from Art Philosophy, page 27. Cut at 1.25" I distressed edges on white flower and sanded to reveal white core on the red flowers. You will repeat this for the remaining bloom cuts.
3. Medium and Large Poinsettia bloom cuts are also from Art Philosophy, page 22 Cut at 2.00" and at 2.50"
4. Leaves are from the Holly cut in Art Philosophy, page 46. Cut at 1.15" (2 cuts)
5. Swirl is on Artiste page 43 cut at .75" (2 cuts)
I use flower shaping tools to form flowers but you can use an embossing tip tool to roll the flowers and then use score the lines for the leaves.
To assemble the flower, I used mini glue dots to attached blooms, leaves and swirl. I then used foam tape on back of assembled Poinsettia prior to placing on box.
If you need to purchase any of the suggested materials, tools or products...please visit my Close to my Heart shopping web page at www.consultant.ctmh.com.
Traci Williams, Independent Consultant
Close to my Heart