Saturday, February 9, 2013

Home Sweet Home Blog Hop


Welcome to our February Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  This month's stamp set from Close to My Heart is "Home Sweet Home" and is available exclusively through your Close to My Heart consultant from February 1 - 28, 2013.  You can purchase this stamp set for only $5 with a qualifying purchase.


If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create

If you came from Theo's Celebrate Crafts, then you are in the right place!





















This is an entry I made for a color blog challenge from Color My Heart

Using the Cricut Artiste cartridge, I cut out the Milk Carton using Topiary Cardstock (Fit to Page).  Using Colonial White cardstock, I cut the roof at 3.25 by 6.25.  Using a wood grain embossing folder, I used New England Ivy pigment ink and inked the embossing folder before embossing.  I then selected hearts (standard and scalloped) from Artiste cartridge and sized to .50.  I colored hemp cord in New England Ivy and attached the Sweet Leaf stamped hearts to the hemp cord and added Artisan studs between each heart.  I attached the heart pendant with 2 mini clothes pins.    For the opening, I cut two oval shapes at 1.75" and 2".  Then I used hemp and glued around ovals.  I added a single heart with an Artisan stud.  I then used a swag wood decal for perch.  I cut a shape for the February Stamp of the Month (2.50 x 2.50).  I used gold embossing powder and heat embossed on pre-cut shape.
 
Your next stop on our "Home Sweet Home" hop is Ryan's Piece and Paper.

Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way:


 Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.

 
 

2 comments:

Camille Short said...

This stamp set is fabulous, I'm definitely hooked. Thanks for your project

Theodora Stacey said...

Love this!