Saturday, July 20, 2013

Surf's Up



It's summer time and I know we are all spending time outside enjoying the sunshine and the surf!  For this month's blog hop, we are featuring the exclusive "Surf's Up" paper pack from Close to My Heart!    We're celebrating fun in the sun with this colorful paper pack that also has some amazing coordinating accessories and embellishment.

Not only are all of our creations going to use our Surf's Up paper line BUT they will also be using our exclusive Art Philosophy, Artiste, and/or the NEW Artbooking Cricut cartridges available exclusively through a Close to My Heart consultant!  What ?!?!? If you don't already have a Consultant that you are currently working with, please contact one of the Consultants in our hop with any questions you have!

In this hop, you will see projects featuring this versatile cartridges from many talented crafty ladies!  Enjoy our blog hop!  

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create. If you came
from Theodora's blog - Celebrate Crafts then you are in the right place!

I made a single page scrapbook page that you can place on display or in your scrapbook!




It is a simple project from Surf's Up Paper Pack. For the surf look, cut away one of the surf scenes from the Background and Textured papers in the Surf's Up Paper Pack and use 3D foam tape and attach to bottom of background card stock. Using the NEW Artbooking cartridge, spell out Beach Life at 2.5" and use the blue scale B&T paper from kit. Cut out a hexagon shape at 5", fold at points and create arch to give "umbrella" look. Trim away back area of umbrella and glue to background card stock. I made a 2" mat backing for a "face" shot below the umbrella. Add some embellishments from the Surf's Up Assortment and cloud sticker from the Surf's Up Stickease assortment to give it a little more fun!


Your next stop on our Surf's Up blog hop is Michelle's blog - My Flights of Fancy

Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way:

  1. Lucy ~Love 2 Create
  2. Theodora ~Celebrate Crafts 
  3. Traci ~Paper Crafting 101  <-------You are here<----
  4. Michelle ~My Flights of Fancy
  5. Melinda Everitt - ifyoublingit
  6. Melissa Harris ~ The Keen Krafter
  7. Justine Hovey ~ The Twilight Stamper
  8. Heather Hunt ~ Creative Coconut

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.

12 comments:

Melinda Everitt said...

Oh my goodness you did a whole lot of cutting! Great job and I love the colors.

Justine Hovey said...

That's so cute for display or an album cover!

Unknown said...

Oh I totally love this - - especially what you did with the umbrella! I am also loving how the font from this cartridge looks cut. Nice job.

Camille Short said...

Great job! I love the color....especially the waves

Simonetta Bois (Simmie) said...

Sooo cute!

Sarah Biswabic said...

what a wonderful layout! So cute!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous and fun layout

Connie Creates 4U said...

I love this. Cutting the bottom of the paper is a great idea.

Denise Gifford said...

What a great layout.

I love the way you did the title

It makes me want to go to the Beach!

SusanC said...

very cute

Unknown said...

Very Cute!

Garden, Grace Creations said...

WOW Traci that is gorgeous!! I love the umbrella! So fun!